Breeder's Cup Futurity Show
Show Date: Friday, June 22, 2018
Ownership Deadline: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Entry Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Late Entry Date: Friday, May 25, 2018
Breeder Nomination Deadline - May 1st without late fee.
Download Breeder Nomination Form
1. Breeder’s Cup Futurity Show to be held in conjunction with the annual NAJRAE Show.
2. Adult breeders will pay $500 per herd prefix to become members for the Breeder’s Cup Futurity. Junior breeders (age 22 and under) can nominate their herd for $250. by May 1st. After May 1st, nominations will $1,000 for adults and $500 for juniors.
For example, if six breeders are having a sale, each of the six breeders need to pay $500 each to have their prefix/herd nominated.
3. Breeder’s must to pay by May 1 to become a member without an increased fee and to guarantee their logo will be listed on pre-show publicity.
4. Breeders who become members.
- All the calves they raise and sell are eligible for the Breeder’s Cup Futurity Show.
- Will be featured on a banner/display at the NAJRAE Show publicity.
5. Pay out for the Breeder’s Cup Futurity Show will be based on the number of breeders who participate minus expenses of Futurity show which includes advertising, judge costs, etc.
6. The judge for the Futurity Show will be decided by show committee and voted on by the members.
7. Show Rules:
- Exhibitor must be a NAJRAE Member.
- Calves must have the Futurity members prefix on the animal.
- Calves must be purchased from a Breeder’s Cup Futurity member and must not have calved at the time of the show.
- Calves must be purchased and transferred to the junior member by the NAJRAE published show ownership deadline.
- Junior members must show their own animal unless they have more than on in the same class; or have an injury/sickness but still be present at the show.
- Exhibitors must be members of the North American Junior Red Angus Event.
- Juniors showing in the Breeder’s Cup must compete in two of the satellite events at the NAJRAE Show.
- Family members cannot show their family member’s prefixes in the Futurity. This is so juniors don’t think they are purchasing an animal from a breeder, and the breeder is allowing their family’s junior to show against them, the junior buyer.
- Heifers may only be shown once in the Futurity show during their show career and must be born in either 2017 and shown as an individual.
- The Futurity show will be a FITTED show. Exhibitors may elect not to fit their heifer if they prefer, but fitting WILL be allowed for the Futurity show.
2018 NAJRAE Futurity Breeders
(Breeders will be listed as nomination forms are submitted.)
- Solution Genetics
- TC Reds
- Three Aces Cattle Co.