Contest Date: TBD
Age divisions for all shows and contests are determined by your age as of January 1, 2017.
Age divisions will be:
- Junior: 9-13 years of age
- Intermediate: 14-17 years of age
- Senior: 18-21 years of age
- Sales Talk presentations need to be 3-5 minutes long and must include the selling of Red Angus cattle or genetics
- If you are going to use an animal that you are exhibiting at the show for sales talk, you may bring that animal to the sales talk.
- If you are going to sell something that you have at home, bring pictures to help you sell.
- Contestants will meet individually with the buyer, who will be the judge, and present him or her with a sales talk.
- The contestant also needs to be prepared to answer questions the buyer may have on the item being sold.
- Time allotted to each contestant is five minutes.
- The Sales Talk contest is meant to be an informal interaction between the contestant and the judge (buyer).
- Contestants should be prepared to discuss performance information and visual appraisal traits.
- No formal preparation is necessary.