By participating in individual contests, exhibitors earn points toward overall Sweepstakes awards.
The Sweepstakes takes the scores from the top 5 exhibitors in the in the contests below and crowns one overall winner out of all divisions. The contestant with the highest score overall will be named the Sweepstakes winner.
- Sales Talk
- Public Speaking
- Photo Contest,
- Livestock Judging Contest
- Arts and Crafts
- Herdsman’s Quiz
Age divisions for all shows and contests are determined by your age as of January 1, 2017.
Age divisions will be:
- Junior: 9-13 years of age
- Intermediate: 14-17 years of age
- Senior: 18-21 years of age
Sweepstakes points for these contests will be awarded as listed below:
- Contestants entered in ALL sweepstakes satellite events by May 15, 2017 will receive an additional 100 bonus points.
- Each Contestant will receive 100 points for participation in each contest.
- Points will be awarded in each age division as follows:
- 1st = 100; 2nd= 80; 3rd=60; 4th=50; 5th=40
- In the event of a tie – a committee will be formed of 2 senior board members and the satellite event coordinator will determine tie breakers.