Bred and Owned Female and Bull
Show Date: Friday, July 3, 2020
Entry Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2020
Late Entry Date: Saturday, May 25, 2020
- OWNERSHIP: All animals must be registered in the exhibitor’s name only.
- REGISTRATION: Only registered Red Angus females and bulls in Category 1A (100%) and Category 1B (87% through 99%) will be eligible to show. Category 1A and 1B cattle will show together in the same class. Cattle entered in this show must be officially registered in one of the following: Red Angus Association herd- book, in the Herd-book of the Canadian Angus Association or any foreign Angus Association Herd-book recognized by the Red Angus Association of America. The original registration certificate or pdf as printed out from RedsPro is required at check-in. Cattle must be in the R or I status at the time of NAJRAE check-in. This applies to the owned, bred and owned and futurity shows.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: There will be no substitutions for any entry.
- ANIMAL HANDLING: Any exhibitor who loses control of his/her animal twice in the show ring will be required to remove the animal from the ring.
- BRED AND OWNED SHOW RULES:
- Exhibitor must be listed as breeder and only owner on original registration certificate on bred and owned entries. The animal must never have been transferred out of the original breeder/owner’s name to qualify for bred and owned.
- Heifers and Cow/Calf will have their own division but will compete for overall grand and reserve champion show honors. Top five animals will be selected. Please refer to class breakdown in the rule book.
- The cow determines where the pair will show.
The cow must be owned by the exhibitor at the time the calf is born.
The cow must be registered solely in the junior exhibitor’s name.
Cows exhibited with calves at side must be lactating.
Calves must not be more than 250 days of age at the time of the show.
Bulls and heifers must meet RAAA registration requirements.
Calves are not required to be registered if showing alongside the cow only. Any calf exhibited at the side of their dam in a cow/calf class may be exhibited in an individual class subject to all pertinent NAJRAE Show Rules and Classifications and must be registered.
Only natural pairs are eligible.
- At the time of processing, all females 20 months of age or older on publicized date of show must have the one of the following:
- Certificate of pregnancy from a licensed veterinarian.
- Written statement by a licensed veterinarian or embryologist of having produced fertile eggs.
- A female’s own natural born calf at side, that is registered as a 1A or 1B
- All bulls 9 months of age or older on publicized date of show must be shown with a nose lead.
- Pee-Wees are not eligible for this show unless they have bumped to the Junior Division.