NAJRAE provides the opportunity to learn and sharpen skills both in and out of the show ring with satellite contests. Please note to be eligible to show in ANY of NAJRAE cattle shows, exhibitors must participate in at least two individual satellite events.
Participants must be members in good standing of the NAJRAE by paying their annual membership at the time of entry and cannot have reached their 22nd birthday prior to January 1 the year of the show. Age divisions are determined by the age as of January 1st of the current show year (2021). These will apply for all contests unless noted.
- Pee-Wee: 7 and under
- Junior: 8-12 years of age
- Intermediate: 13-16 years of age
- Senior: 17-21 years of age
FUTURE AGE REQUIREMENTS: Effective for the 2023 NAJRAE Event, Participants must be members in good standing of the NAJRAE by paying their NAJRAE Dues and cannot have reached their 22nd birthday prior to May 15 the year of the show. Age divisions during the event are determined by the age as of May 15 of the current show year (2021). In the event a member from the Senior division turns 22 between May 16 and show day, the member must purchase an RAAA adult membership by check in to be eligible to show.
- There are no fees to participate in satellite events if the exhibitor has entered an animal entry. If no animal is entered, a member may pay a $40 contest only fee.
- Each event has its own set of rules and is listed within each contest.
- Entries in the arts and crafts and photo contests that are deemed inappropriate by a sifting committee will be disqualified.
- The order of presentation for all contests will be randomly assigned within the division and will be posted at least 24 hours prior to the contest.
2020 Rule Book
2021 Rule Book Coming Soon
Individual Satellite Contests
Please note to be eligible to show in ANY of NAJRAE cattle shows, exhibitors must participate in at least two individual satellite events.
- Arts and Crafts
- Herdsman Quiz & ID
- Public Speaking
- Sales Talk
- Livestock Judging
NAJRAE provides the opportunity to learn to work as a team in several team contests. Please note the following contests do NOT qualify towards an exhibitor satellite contest participation
- Team Fitting
- Quiz Bowl
- State Herdsmanship