The NAJRAE Junior Board of Directors shall develop and carry out all programs of the NAJRAE. In addition, the Board of Directors shall serve as a communication link between the membership, senior board, and the junior advisors.
The directors of the Association shall be eight (8) in number. Directors shall serve for one two-year term. To be eligible for election, board candidates must be at least seventeen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year. All applicants must have attended and or exhibited at least one year. To be eligible for election the following criteria must be met:
Board candidates must be at least seventeen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year.
All applicants must have attended and exhibited at the NAJRAE for least one year, participated in at least two satellite events, and any of the steer, bull, or female shows held during the NAJRAE.
- Interview - 35%
- The interviewers are to consist of one senior board member (chosen by the senior board), the current junior board president, a junior board advisor, and a breeder/industry leader.
- Popular Vote - 25%
- All paid junior members 8 years of age as of January 1st will be allowed to vote by paper ballot.
- Ballot counting to be done by a committee of one Senior Board Member, one Junior Board member, and one layperson or past Senior Board Member.
- Applicants will be given 2-3 minutes at an event and time to be determined to state who they are, their background, and why they ran for the board.
- Interaction - 20%
- Participation throughout the barn measured by the junior board. While in session, the board will then proceed to a vote.
- Work Ethic
- Application - 10%
- Filled out correctly
- Accurate to the Applicant
- Quality Picture (For Interns to create a meet the candidates Poster)
- No Errors
- Herdsmanship Quiz - 10%
- Points will be awarded based on the scores among Junior Board applicants.
**No Handouts/Promotional items may be used**
Deadline: May 15, 2021 - Midnight CST
Download Code of Conduct
Online Application (coming soon)