The NAJRAE Junior Board of Directors shall develop and carry out all programs of the NAJRAE. In addition, the Board of Directors shall serve as a communication link between the membership, senior board and the junior advisors.
The directors of the Association shall be eight (8) in number. Directors shall serve for one two-year term. To be eligible for election, board candidates must be at least seventeen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year. All applicants must have attended and or exhibited at least one year.
To be eligible for election the following criteria must be met:
- Board candidates must be at least seventeen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year.
- All applicants must have attended and or exhibited at the NAJRAE for least one year, participated in at least two satellite events and any of the steer, bull or female shows held during the NAJRAE.
- Selection will be based on the individual’s activity and involvement in the Red Angus breed and their leadership qualities and capabilities.
- Applicants will be screened by a committee made up of NAJRAE advisors, an industry leader and a senior board member.
- Applicants will be interviewed on Monday, at the show office in the beef barn on the fairgrounds. The applicants will work with the current NAJRAE board through the week. The announcement of the new board members will be at the banquet Friday night.
- Application guidelines include: completed submittable application, a recent photo, essay, code of conduct and reference letters. All photos, code of conduct and reference letters will need to be uploaded through the online application system.
Deadline: May 15, 2019
Download Code of Conduct
For more information or questions contact one of the NAJRAE advisors.
Darla Rogers, 580-799-1775
Mia Bayer, 715-573-0139
Anne Kimmey, 817-793-7704