The royalty of the Association shall consist of a Queen and a Princess. Their responsibility is to assist the Junior Board with planning the NAJRAE and the activities throughout the five day event during the summer. They will also represent the NAJRAE at other Red Angus state, regional and national events and/or at other industry groups and businesses. To be eligible for election the following criteria must be met:
- Queen candidates must be at least sixteen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year.
- Princess candidates must be at least thirteen by show date and must not have reached their sixteenth birthday before January 1 of their election year.
- All applicants must have attended and or exhibited at the NAJRAE for least one year, participate in at least two satellite events and any of the steer, bull or female shows held during the 2019 NAJRAE.
- Applicants will be interviewed by a committee during the show.
- The applicants will work with the current NAJRAE board through the week. The announcement of the new royalty court will be at the banquet Friday night.
- Applicant may not serve consecutive terms in each classification. For example you may not serve back to back terms as princess or queen.
- Applicants must be willing to participate in conference calls, respond to emails/voicemails and be active participants with the NAJRAE social media platforms and website updates. Regarding social media, you will advised, as a representative of NAJRAE to be careful of what is put on your social media accounts. You will be a mentor to many young juniors who may want to be friends with you.
- Contestants must be single never married and must not become married or pregnant during their one year reign.
- Queen/Princess will be asked to advocate on behalf of the beef industry and agriculture on a local, state, regional, national level. Work can consist of working at shows, state fairs and local cattlemen's and industry meetings. Types of work can include parades and visiting at schools, 4-H meetings and FFA events.
- The Queen/Princess must assume appropriate conduct at all times.
- Attire for royalty will be refined western wear suitable for the times. This will be discussed and agreed upon each year by the royalty, advisors and committee.
- Application guidelines include: completed application, a recent photo, essay, and two reference letters (personal recommendation and an advisor/breeder.)
Deadline: June 20, 2020
For more information or questions contact:
Kaye Gilbert, 319-931-8127